After much consideration, I decided to keep a blog more as a form of journaling than anything else. I really don't know whether I'm keeping it private or letting others see it in the near future, but for now I'm keeping it private for reasons I'll mention later.
As a fair warning to whomever may stumble upon this blog, I'm intentionally writing in a way about certain topics that aren't exactly the most comfortable things to talk about. You may even disagree with some things I have to say, but I encourage you to listen. I'm not here to inspire you to follow the same lessons I have/will learn as much as I'm trying to lay down my innermost thoughts and feelings.
This blog is entitled "Unbounded" mainly for the purpose that I want to create a writing environment for myself where I don't feel bounded by anything. I don't intend to hold anything back in this blog. Much of it will pertain to my own doubts, fears, insecurities, struggles, and much more. Other parts will be about the world around me. Maybe you already know me well, and most of what I post won't surprise you, but I can assure you I've never told anyone everything that will be posted here.
Now you may ask, why are you sharing such intimate details about your life with what could be possibly anybody? I asked the same question about the guy who wrote The Game Plan. If you want an extremely eye-opening story about the struggle through pornography and sexual addiction, that book pretty much takes the cake. Honestly, he could have left certain details out, and it still would have had the same effect. But there's something about going that extra mile that lets the reader know that he's being completely open and vulnerable. There is nothing holding him back from letting others know his story, because he is completely unbounded.
Why do we hold back from telling others our daunting secrets when we know that our struggles are universal? It's never easy for me to admit that I fail at certain things in life. Well, sometimes it is. But the things that I know I have to be better at. The things that I base my life and beliefs upon, I crumble when faced to admit that I still have trouble with. I'm put in positions of leadership and authority, and I'm expected to live up to a certain standard. I can't. At least not all the time. But what I can do is admit my shortcomings, go to the Lord in prayer, and grow.
I talk about being unbounded with application only to myself, but it can apply to anyone in any situation. You may read these entries as me being vulnerable and open for attack. But I'll tell you this, the most fruitful and joyful times in my life come after I decide to surrender my pride and lay my heart out.
Please don't read the rest of the blog if you already feel you're probably going to be offended by it any way. I mean I'd like you to, but if you aren't in agreement with me at this point, you certainly won't be with anything else. Also, this blog is designed to be uncomfortable in nature. So even if you are in agreement with what I have to say it may be hard to take in.
One last thing: I am unbounded through grace, and through grace alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment